Monday, February 16, 2015

Improv Bar Part 2 - Lemon Blueberry Smash

Girls weekend, Day 2.

The cosmos were a huge hit, but a couple of us wanted a change of pace. Plus, I still had one hold out of the group who wasn't dazzled by The Martini Lady's mad skills. Cosmos were too sweet for her.

So back to the drawing board I went, or should I say the desk in our hotel room. Rooting around to see what we had, I came up with this refreshing drink. Perfect for the Miami sunshine. And best of all, my hold out loved it!

Lemon Blueberry Smash
2 oz. vodka
2 oz. lemonade
a dollop of Rose's Lime (probably about 1/2 t. but I didn't have my measuring spoons!)
a squeeze of fresh lemon juice (from one lemon slice)

Muddle 8-10 blueberries in the bottom of the glass. Of course I didn't bring a muddler, so I used the bottom of a smaller cup from the room to smash the berries into service.

Add ice, the squeeze of lemon, and Rose's lime.

Pour vodka over ice until the glass is about half full.

Fill the rest of the glass with lemonade.

Stir.

I'd elaborate, but there's a beautiful beach and some wonderful friends waiting for me.

This one's for you, Shelayne!

sip. savor. celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment